Problems paying Land Tier using PayPal

Venetia Cazalet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3915 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello

I have an ongoing problem (since June) with Paypal payment method for paying my Land Tier.

My first tier payment was in May and it worked fine with no problems at all but since then each month the payment has been declined by Paypal and I have had to pay my tier manually with my credit card payment method.

The second payment in June (the first that was declined) was whilst I was abroad. I accessed my paypal account to check everything was ok the day before my tier date and I was told later that this caused a 'risk' as I was in another country using a different PC so they refused that payment.

I have just been told by Paypal that for my tier dates in July, August and September they have not received any requests for payment from Linden Research, but for each of these months I have had a message on my dashboard saying the payment for my tier using Paypal had failed. Paypal say there is no problem with my account. It seems to me that the request for payment is not reaching Paypal..

I have had a support case with LL open on this for months and they (Bianca) say there is no problem with my account. They have suggested that I remove my Paypal payment method and re-add it to see if that helps and I am going to do this.

As I am sure anyone who pays tier will appreciate this is very frustrating to put it mildly.

Has anyone had a similar problem or got any ideas as to how I might fix this please?

Hope someone can help.

Thank you

Venetia Cazalet - Owner Riviera Island

Hello

I have an ongoing problem (since June) with Paypal payment method for paying my Land Tier.

My first tier payment was in May and it worked fine with no problems at all but since then each month the payment has been declined by Paypal and I have had to pay my tier manually with my credit card payment method.

The second payment in June (the first that was declined) was whilst I was abroad. I accessed my paypal account to check everything was ok the day before my tier date and I was told later that this caused a 'risk' as I was in another country using a different PC so they refused that payment.

I have just been told by Paypal that for my tier dates in July, August and September they have not received any requests for payment from Linden Research, but for each of these months I have had a message on my dashboard saying the payment for my tier using Paypal had failed. Paypal say there is no problem with my account. It seems to me that the request for payment is not reaching Paypal..

I have had a support case with LL open on this for months and they (Bianca) say there is no problem with my account. They have suggested that I remove my Paypal payment method and re-add it to see if that helps and I am going to do this.

As I am sure anyone who pays tier will appreciate this is very frustrating to put it mildly.

Has anyone had a similar problem or got any ideas as to how I might fix this please?

Hope someone can help.

Thank you

Venetia Cazalet - Owner Riviera Island

If anything involving money doesn't go as it should, I'd recommend not bothering with a support ticket but to directly call LL at their toll free number:

Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Local Toll-Free numbers

* France: 0805.101.490
    * Germany: 0800.664.5510
    * Japan: 0066.33.132.830
    * Portugal: 800.814.450
    * Spain: 800.300.560
    * UK: 0800.048.4646
    * Support is in English Only

Do mention that Paypal has not received any payment request from LL at all, as this disagree's with the staff saying there's no problem with your account.

Also, have you contacted paypal support directly? I couldn't read that in your text, only that you checked out the transactions etc.

Hi iCade

Thank you for your reply.

I have be in email discussion about this with Paypal customer support every month and they say they have checked everything and that my account is ok. It was one of their support team who told me yesterday that there had been no request for payment of my tier from Linden Research. for the last few months.

I forgot to mention that I am able to buy L$ and pay for marketplace purchases using my Paypal account with no problem at all, I tried it to test if it worked or not. The problem seems to be with automated payments that come from Linden Research.

Thanks

Venetia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3915 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.