Building a platform/skybox in a private region

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3934 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello.  We have recently acquired a full region.  We are trying to build a platform/skybox.  I understand that the center of the sim is simply 128 x 128.  So, when I build a platform, I have set the coordinates to 128, 128, 600 to be 600 meters in the sky.  Now, I am trying to make the platform the full size of the region, or 256 x 256.  However, the maximum it will allow is 64 x 64.  Any insights into what I am doing wrong?

Hello.  We have recently acquired a full region.  We are trying to build a platform/skybox.  I understand that the center of the sim is simply 128 x 128.  So, when I build a platform, I have set the coordinates to 128, 128, 600 to be 600 meters in the sky.  Now, I am trying to make the platform the full size of the region, or 256 x 256.  However, the maximum it will allow is 64 x 64.  Any insights into what I am doing wrong?

It's not you, the maximum prim size allowed these days is 64 meters (used to be 10).

If you really want larger prims, some were created full perm years ago when an exploit was discovered. They can still be found all over the place for free, most people call them megaprims. Those prims are annoying to work with, because any attempt to resize them will snap their dimensions down to 64m.

Many of the older megaprims used prim torture (cutting, etc.) to achieve dimensions that weren't made before the exploit was closed, and consequently they can have weird physics effects. These old ones will usually have Gene Replacement listed as the creator, use them with care.

You should be able to find what you need at megaprim.sl (website). Just rez your 256 x 256 by whatever on top of your existing prim at 600 meters. Then change the X and Y coordinates to be 128 and 128. You can delete your smaller prim after the big one is in place. Sounds like you worked with megaprims before so it shouldn't be too hard. They are a bit tricky at full sim size so be sure and stay close to the MIDDLE of the megaprim in order to adjust it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3934 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.