can server side baking cause random fps drops

pheinox

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

its me agian the lag is still horrendous and i ive tried every thing. i made to post abgout it already and still have no awnsers. the other post i made that here http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/need-help-horrendous-lag/qaq-p/2157129 <--.ive tried every suggestion and still no fix.

cant even hang out with my friends anymore. i bought new parts for my pc cause my old proccessor had died so i had to get a new mpother board ram and cpu.

everything was fine untill the server side baking. after that for almost a 2 months now ive been crashing drops fps like no tomarrow and heving to restart my viewer every 5 minuets.

system info

Machine name: G1-SNIPER
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130708-1532)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTS 450
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DC4&SUBSYS_218419DA&REV_A1
Display Memory: 2751 MB
Dedicated Memory: 978 MB
Shared Memory: 1772 MB

Drive: C:
Free Space: 795.5 GB
Total Space: 953.8 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: WDC WD10EZRX-00A8LB0

desktop wired connection

2 answers to this question

its me agian the lag is still horrendous and i ive tried every thing. i made to post abgout it already and still have no awnsers. the other post i made that here http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/need-help-horrendous-lag/qaq-p/2157129 <--.ive tried every suggestion and still no fix.

cant even hang out with my friends anymore. i bought new parts for my pc cause my old proccessor had died so i had to get a new mpother board ram and cpu.

everything was fine untill the server side baking. after that for almost a 2 months now ive been crashing drops fps like no tomarrow and heving to restart my viewer every 5 minuets.

system info

Machine name: G1-SNIPER
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130708-1532)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTS 450
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DC4&SUBSYS_218419DA&REV_A1
Display Memory: 2751 MB
Dedicated Memory: 978 MB
Shared Memory: 1772 MB

Drive: C:
Free Space: 795.5 GB
Total Space: 953.8 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: WDC WD10EZRX-00A8LB0

desktop wired connection

Hmmmm.. We've already suggested the obvious things, and you have tried them.  Here are two more (admittedly long shots):

There are situations where a CPU will go to 100% usage when a viewer is running. This appears to occur most in computer with nVidia video cards - but not only.  Another effect that seems to happen with nVidia cards is that the viewer will freeze, seemingly at random, and for varying periods of time.  See My CPU is Always at 100% .

Also, some anti-virus software insists on checking every single %(&^#$@!! file that is downloaded to your computer.  (Norton does this especially.)  That vigilance is nice, but if you are in a SL sim that is loaded with images, you viewer is trying to download them to texture cache.  If your anti-virus is standing at the gate, it can slow performance to a crawl.  Tell your antivirus program to stop doing that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.