Inventory issues?

Cully Andel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3948 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I logged on earlier I have all my inventory. Thanks to major lag I relogged and I've now lost over half my stuff. I keep getting 'unable to load asset' messages - so is there a problem with the asset server? (again)

I've cleared cache etc, relogged to an empty sim - still the same. And as it's my rez day and half my rez day stuff has vanished i'm not happy. Anyone else having problems?

When I logged on earlier I have all my inventory. Thanks to major lag I relogged and I've now lost over half my stuff. I keep getting 'unable to load asset' messages - so is there a problem with the asset server? (again)

I've cleared cache etc, relogged to an empty sim - still the same. And as it's my rez day and half my rez day stuff has vanished i'm not happy. Anyone else having problems?

Cully Andel wrote:

1) Happy Rezz Day!

2) I'm not seeing any inventory loading issues. The asset servers and simulator servers (i.e. the region you actually log into) are separate systems - a problem with the asset servers wouldn't cause lag. Given that you had lag right before your inventory problems it's more likely that your internet connection went bad about the time you started lagging. and the same problem is causing your inventory loading issues.

What viewer are you using? Firestorm seems to have more inventory loading problems than other viewers - sometimes recreating the "bridge" ("Avatar" menu - "Avatar Health" - "Recreate LSL Bridge") fixes these Firestorm-specific problems.

now lost over half my stuff.

No, you didn't lose it. All your stuff is save and sound on the asset server, don't worry. The message just told you the server wasn't able to load your assets.

I've cleared cache

Nooooo!!! Never do that, unless your cache is corrupted. Sometimes loading the invent takes longer than usual, which is prolly a problem with the asset server or your bandwith.

I have seen many cases of inventory not loading, infact more than ever before SSA.

It seems SSA has a way of stopping inventory from loading if your last Current Outfit is messed up somehow.

Doing a Character Test and then Relog to load inventory has worked for many.

I do Viewer Support work and thats where I am seeing the increase in inventory load fails.

This is not my issue so I cant report it.

I encourage all with this issue to report it in a Jira.

Unscheduled System Maintenance
[Posted 12:05 PM PDT, 01 September 2013] We are investigating network issues which are causing multiple errors throughout the system. During this time, some residents may be logged off and may be temporarily unable to log in for a brief period or may experience other losses in functionality. Please refrain from rezzing no copy objects or making inworld L$ transactions while this maintenance is in progress. Please check back here for updates.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3948 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.