Clubs / Hangouts for Nekos / Fauns / Etc?

Chovexani Soothsayer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3964 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm looking for active clubs or other hangouts where half-humanoids like nekos/cat-people, fauns/satyrs, etc are either frequent visitors or (better yet, if it exists) the norm or theme of the place....but not furry clubs, I've found plenty of those already! :) Just looking for places where my typically non-human appearance won't be quite so unusual or uncommon, thanks for any tips!

Sadly, as far as I could see, they do not exist.

Second Life itself is flooded with "normal" human avatars. The clubszene also includes a huge part of "fashion victims" who always look like they just popped out of some fashion blog and because those blogs always just feature humans they are also just humans (but in my opinion some of them look closer to aliens than to humans...).

As you already noticed, there are a lot furry clubs. This results from the fact, that furries feel more like one big community with shared ideas and likes. They prefer to go dancing, where they feel they are seen as normal and welcome and they go to furry clubs to meet likeminded people.

On the other hand most half-human avatars can't count on such a community-feeling, because there is no general conection between them. Each of them is just an individual with a certain taste, but doesn't necessary feels conected to nekos, elves, demons, fauns and other mystical half human creatures. Also, I assume since the Neko-fashion trend died a few years ago, there aren't many who chose a half-human look.

One of my favorite early memories in SL (in 2007) was finding a lesbian neko club.  When I first stepped into the club, which was in a large tree, I thought 'whoops, wrong place'.  However everyone was welcoming and friendly.  One offered her partner to me for a dance.  After some friendly conversation in local (the music was great, too), I departed.  I really wish I had taken a landmark or could recall the name of the place.  Sadly, it is probably no longer there as things generally change so fast in SL. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3964 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.