Unable to buy

Reese Wicken

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3922 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For the past couple of days, I've been trying to buy lindens using my paypal account,  I know i have the money in my accounts as I checked them before I tried buying lindens,  I've bought lindens before,  Infact, Last time I bought from the site was back in June.  It keeps telling me that my billing information is unable to be charged, but it doesn't tell me why or anything else,  I've gone through all the steps and checked everything out and everything appears to be in order and fine,  Before I try buying again, Is there anything else that I could do?

I've checked my paypal information, I've done everything I could do there that the guide told me to do.  There's nothing wrong with either card I'm trying to use.  The paypal account is verified and has been since 2010.

1 answer to this question

Heya Lavaliere,

it is possible that you have to "verify" your paypal account first. The Payment Rules for Second Life have changed recently.

To verify your paypal account you need to connect it with your real bank account. This can easily be done from within your paypal login and account .

Unverified accounts will not work anymore, due to Second Life only wanting to do instant transfers now - therefore you have to verify it.

PayPal

Often the initial agreement can't be set up due to an unverified PayPal account. To use your PayPal account with Linden Lab, it must be verified and be capable of making instant transfers.

Linden Lab does not accept e-check (bank account) payments through PayPal because they cannot be processed quickly enough to match the instant delivery of virtual goods and services.  Therefore, we require that you have a credit card on file with PayPal as a backup payment source, OR that you pay with your PayPal balance in USD. Without a sufficient USD balance in your PayPal account, you will not be able to use it with only a bank account.

Be aware of your monthly limits. By default, your monthly spending limit with PayPal is set to US$250.00. You can easily raise or lower that limit. See Using PayPal for more information.

For more info have a look here: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Billing/ta-p/700037

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3922 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.