Can I Save a Default Linden Texture o My PC?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3962 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know how to iport and export textures. At least I thought so :(

When I open a Linden default Texture from my Library, there is no option to save it as a TGA. I have found the related UUID, but I don't know what to do with that. Shouldn't these Default Library textures be saveable? Thanks in advance for any suggestions or tips?

You can not export an image unless it has full perms, or you created it your self.

The default Linden Textures are not exportable. As well as all things in the library. They maintain the copyright to the textures. You are only licensed to use them in world. Best you can do is take a screen shot with texture open. But I dont recommend altering or using textures that you do not have express written agreement to do so

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

You can not export an image unless it has full perms, or you created it your self.

The default Linden Textures are not exportable. As well as all things in the library. They maintain the copyright to the textures. You are only licensed to use them in world. Best you can do is take a screen shot with texture open. But I dont recommend altering or using textures that you do not have express written agreement to do so

From a technical perspective, it is not entirely true that assets in the Library can not be exported.

Nothing can be exported while it is still in the library, yes. But those default textures can be copied and pasted to a folder in your inventory, and they are full perms and will then export normally with the default LL viewer.

The TOS says that you are not supposed to export anything that is not full perms and that you are not the creator of. But LL's own viewer does allow you to export their full-perms textures.

I would certainly not recommend exporting LL's textures and re-using them in a commercial package fo textures that you might want to sell. LL owns the copyright to the images in their as-is form.

Using them to create a derivitive work is possibly a greay area. But honestly, you can probably make better textures than most of what is in the LL Library. The only reason I would use their textures is to get an exact match for a project that has to mesh with applied terrain textures.

Ceera Murakami wrote:

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

From a technical perspective, it is not entirely true that assets in the Library can not be exported.

Nothing can be exported
while it is still in the library
, yes. But those default textures can be copied and pasted to a folder in your inventory, and they are full perms and will then export normally with the default LL viewer.

Heh. I didn't think about moving them to another folder. I figured it was hard coded with those assets. Nice

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3962 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.