I can't access secondlife.com - it hangs at the Open ID page, a white page, and never resolves.

Sue Glasswing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3926 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Update:  I'm glad I'm not the only one.  I don't have Adblock, so that isn't the answer.  I've done nothing to provoke the change.  Just one day it works, the next it's hung up.  I'm hoping the news gets to SL in some way so it can be fixed.

Update 2:  KarenMichelle - I used your link, and got the same problem.  I put in my info, click to sign in, get a blank page, and it says it is on the Open ID page. I CAN access the page via Internet Explorer, but NOT Chrome, my usual browser.

8 answers to this question

Please try to access the SL login from this link and report back your success or failure here.

https://id.secondlife.com/openid/login

Please update your question [ X ] with your status [ X ] with additional information as follows: Select the Options drop-down menu to the right of your question and select Edit Question.

As of the time of this post I'm being directed to the http://status.secondlifegrid.net/ page. No specific report shows outstanding but I expect LL to post a Unscheduled Maintenance activity any time.

Hello :)

Hello,

I have had the same problem as you for a couple days. I don't have adblock plus either and nothing seemed to work and I was getting mad, until my RL hubby (he is the one who has a clue about PCs, I am just the stupid girl who has fun on them ;-)) suggested I tried to open Secondlife.com with Internet Explorer instead of Firefox I normally use.

It works with Internet Explorer. So, maybe if you are a Firefox user, you might want to see its parameters. Maybe some have changed. RL hubby said he would have a look at what needs to be done later. For now I am happy, I can access my account, and that's the most important ;-) I hope it is the same for you!

I hope that was useful and I was clear (sorry English isn't my mother tongue). Good luck!

Hig.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3926 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.