could some one help me?

WildWeeaboo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3965 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So last week my viewer froze after restarting the SL viewer when i loged in again my viewer instantly crashed so i tried several difrent viewers. all of them crashed instantly. since then i have done countless clean installs all with the same result. I don't get any error messages the viewer just crashes. I believe an item in my invintory or on my avatar could be the cause because my alt can log in without a problem. my specs are as follows

mid 2011 macbook air

processor: 1.7GHz intel core i5

memory: 4 GB 1333 Mhz DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

Software 10.7.5

i hope someone here can help me

1 answer to this question

Hi Wild,

There may be a corrupted setting for the avatar that's having trouble. If there's nothing (like chat logs, graphics settings, etc) that you need to save for that avatar, hold down the Option key while selecting "Go" from the Finder Menu, then drag down to "Library". You should then see your Mac's Library folder, which will contain an "Application Support" folder. Within that folder you should see another folder named "Second Life" or "Firestorm" or the name of whatever viewer you use. Within that folder you should see folders named after all the avatars you operate. Drag the folder for the problematic avatar to your desktop and log-in again. If everything is working, you can recover chat logs by copying them from the folder you moved to the desktop back to the new folder that the viewer will re-create for your avatar.

If there's nothing you wish to save, toss the folder you moved to the desktop into the trash.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3965 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.