Firestorm is giving me headache

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been reading in forum the last two hours, but can not find a solution to my problem with now using Firestorm, for the first time today.

Everything seems okay - except for one thing - when I  move my ava, a lot of small black dots are twinkling. Just if as things have not rendered in small group of pixels.

My computer is rather new, and the graphic card should be able to render things...and it does, except from those annoying little spots.

If I disable shadow in preferences, all water becomes flat and prim-like - so I enabled shadow again.

I will be very happy, if anyone can help me please :)

(I have also visited Firestorms website, and read the trouble-shooting, but nothing has helped)

They have a really awesome inworld group you can join, Firestorm Support Group; go to Search/Groups and type in Firestorm, you'll see which one to join.  It's super busy right now cause of the updates going on and best thing to do from what I can see is just to dive right in, type your question and wait a bit for an answer; everyone is asking questions and waiting for their answers, but from what I've seen, those mods and others are working their butts off to help with things just like your issue.  Give it a try, anyway.........they're trying really hard to help.   I just joined a few days ago, and have learned a lot just from watching the group chat, I don't have a specific problem right now but sure learn a lot anyway.  Just plow right in with your question there, if it gets missed, ask again!

No, Maryanne, and that was the problem - the great guys in the group told me to update my ATI-driver, and where to do it. I uninstalled the previous driver, and installed an updated version...and now everything works great, and I have now stopped pulling my hair out :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.