Height Fog...

Jay Taggart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3958 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since the last official update, my land has rediculous amounts of "fog" after a certain height. I checked with a Chung and the region settings were all at default. The only half-bearable thing is to swithc my lighting to midnight. Is this a bug, or new feature due to the materials project?

People logging in with different viewers dont see the fog, only the official viewer.

It isnt clouds. I know the difference. I have tried to disable the clouds. The FOG isnt affected. The clouds go away, but the FOG doesnt. I have a skybox and it looks like if is filled with smoke. The only thing I can do is make a new sky setting and turn the density mulitplier down, but this leaves the sky looking like garbage.

So there are only 2 people with this problem then?

2 pics attached. 1st one, midday settings. It didnt look like that before the last viewer update. Foggy. See?

FogMidday.png

2nd pic, midnight settings. This looks more like it should.

FogMidnight.png

What are your graphics set to?

I'm just taking a wild shot here but on Ultra with Lighting and Shadows enabled you get no "external" light entering a room, hence creating the extra darkness you are seeing. 

Just a wild shot.

All the bells and whistles are turned on. The thing is, the whole skybox is fullbright so lighting doesnt affect it. This is my demo skybox for customers to see and if they see it the same as I do, they wont get the right impression of how it looks. My in-world store is also affected by this.

EDIT: If I turn off atmospheric shaders, the fog goes away but of course I lose shadows.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3958 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.