What drivers do I need for intel 965?

Dorian Latrell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

That is a VERY VERY old graphics chipset, and I have no idea how you managed to use it for Second Life even under an older Windows version.

I seriously doubt that there are Windows 8 drivers for it.  More likely, your computer is using the "generic" drivers.

Either revert back to Windows Vista or (much to be preferred) get a modern graphics card such as an Nvidia GeForce 460 or better, or the equivalent AMD/ATI Radeon card.  You don't mention your other computer specs but if they are equivalent to your graphics, it may be better to just buy a new computer.

• Like 1

Intel says the 965 chipset was never designed to run on newer operating systems and it will not be releasing any drivers for Windows 8. See comments below. All Intel suggests is you try alternative Windows 7 drivers from its Download Centre but good luck with that. Probably best to do what Lindal suggested.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=Mobile+Intel%C2%AE+965+Express+Chipset+Family&ProdId=2800&LineId=1101&FamilyId=39

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel has no plans to release Windows 8 graphics drivers for the following Intel Graphics Controllers. However, updates for these graphics controllers may be available through Microsoft Windows Update*. 

Desktop graphics

Laptop graphics

Netbook and Tablet Graphics

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.