Unable to Rez Objects with SL Viewer 3.60

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4032 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi All

just did a Complete Windows 8 Clean install, and viewer clean install, goto rez an object in world after loading inventory at Hatton, and it puts up a circle with a red line thru it on everything.   

Do I have to clean this out and install firestorm to be able to rez anything?

This has happened with Previous LL viewers I tried, Why isn't this issue fixed yet?

Annoying issue really

There is an odd little bug, where inventory sometimes does not know it is finished loading, when it is finished loading. It doesn't happen all the time, but it sure is annoying when it happens.

Look in your inventory's recent items tab, and see if on the item count, there is the ... showing that it is still loading. If it's stuck that way and you are pretty sure it is fully loaded, try this --

Enable the Develop menu with Ctrl+Alt+Q. Temporarilyy turn HTTP inventory off.

Next, pick some item you don't want to rez, right-click it in inventory, and view the properties. You don't care what those properties are, this is just to unstick things.

Now, go back to the item you wanted to rez, and it will probably rez OK.

Remember at the end of this, to switch HTTP inventory back ON. Even with that bug, HTTP is a much more reliable way to get your inventory loaded without missing items.

Israfil78 wrote:

I'd just download Singularity honestly so far out of Firestorm Pheonix and SL Viewer it tops them all. And the set up is similar to the pheonix viewer but lighter on your system and includes mesh uploads and a merchant outbox

Where did you get that 'but lighter' information from?

Got a link to confirm this?

You're aware of the fact that Singularity uses V3 technology, are you?

J.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4032 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.