Friends.

WodieWoo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recentley installed second life. I was so confused about how to do anything I ended up uninstalling it, there was nobody to even chat to! It wasn't at all what I thought it would be, I imagined I would be able to change appearance etc, coulden't even see the front of my avatar lol. So yeah very disapointed that I didn't get to make any friends.

WodieWoo wrote:

I recentley installed second life. I was so confused about how to do anything I ended up uninstalling it, there was nobody to even chat to! It wasn't at all what I thought it would be, I imagined I would be able to change appearance etc, coulden't even see the front of my avatar lol. So yeah very disapointed that I didn't get to make any friends.

How long were you inworld? If the only place you went was the welcome center, I can see how you had this experience.

Get out there and explore a bit...go to some freebie shops (you can find them through the search function or better yet the fab free website http://fabfree.wordpress.com/fabfree-30-days-list/ there's a section for avatars under 30 days old), get some new shapes and skins..and clothes. Try some new looks..see what fits you.

Once you figure out how you want to look, go into back into the search function....put in an interest of yours. Music, Movies, Clubbing, Shopping...find a group that meets your likes..then join it. Send out a group message or an IM to the moderator.

Maybe take a beginners class or two. I think there are some that are offered on Orientation Island. If I'm wrong, I'm sure that someone here will quickly correct me....:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

Don't give up SL without giving it a fair chance. I've been here since 2009 and I (for the most part) find new things to do all the time. Be adventurous...get out there....

Good luck

For meeting people, here is an article about how to use the resources of SL to meet people  who share your interest:

Here is an article about how to change your appearance

I don't know why you could not see in front of your avatar -- that is not normal functioning.  The only thing I can do is point your to this web page:

http://virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com/2013/01/2013-kit-solutions-cautions-and-tips-in.html

TKR

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.