Sculptie builder NEEDED

Tiola Violet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4101 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The products on the blog are not in second life, they are from the portfolio of my out of world builders.

The inwould builders come to work with us as a team, they don't want to waste time on commercial work and running after orders and we help them with that, they do not work for us, we work for them.

The clients are happy to find the agency because they have real trouble finding builders. The agency is a security; many clients are worried about paying an advance directly to the builders so we guarantee the build and keep their investment safe. And if a builder "poofs" from SL we find a replacement or give them the advance back.

Also they can order shoes, a bathtub, a house and a dress all in the same place.

We try to assure that there is somebody inworld  to talk about their project with them and advise them as much as possible.

I understand that many builders prefer to be autonomy and that’s great, but I also know that everybody that comes through the door at the agency is really happy we are there to help them.

As for the fees, the agency is costing money between publicity, rent, and employees...

So please don’t be so quick to shoot down all our hard work.

Thank you

Tiola

Tiola Violet wrote:

So please don’t be so quick to shoot down all our hard work.

Looking throught this forum, it would seem that this has now become the norm, pounce on any post you can and try and find ways to tear it apart.

It really didn't used to be like this, people were helpful and constructive, these days its seems everyone wants to be the clever dick that has exposed the scam, pointed out the obvious flaw etc.

The OP has a perfectly legitimate, exisitng and proven business model that they have advertised in the correct forum, in response, the first reply is feigned ignorance  from someone who clearly doesn't need to do any feigning, since the concept of an 'Agency' has eluded them all the way though until adulthood and the second appears to be a fly away accusation of theft.

Maybe you guys should think a little harder about how you are spending your Second Life, running around the forums deliberately causing trouble really isn't much of a hobby is it. I suggest less weed and more exercise.

Shame on you responders! Shame, shame, shame. 

Well, my issue is that I'm not sure what the OP's "legitimate" business IS. I am a Sculpt and Mesh creator, and am certainly not above coordinating through an agency for clients. My issues are thus:

The product samples are not inworld, and as a result the agency may be a functioning 3D agency looking to branch into second life but they have not proven they have clients in secondlife ( the reason one pays an agency )

I have an existing client base, and would like to expand that, and the OP's contract seems structured around preventing this effectively by "owning" the client/creator relationship.

Following this, the OP has three artists and no list of clients, past pr present making me wonder why they are soliciting staff on an emergency basis.

Quite frankly if I have concerns over their contract ( like continuing with a client after leaving the agency ) that they cannot address, how is a client going to be confident handing them money so they can give it to me?

Randstad is a job agency in my country which provides a similar service, and one of the things they offer is a job seekers section with open contracts and positions they are filling. Barring that on any other agency, I assume that they have no open contracts and instead will be taking contracts from their staff, who can then no longer work with those contracts without paying the agencies 20% fee.

Given I am OP's target audience ( a Sculpt and Mesh creator with a product portfolio ) I'm not sure what they were expecting if I ask questions before I sign. Apparently no hard ones?

- not why I justified that, checking Ziggys previous posts is just the same thing in multiple threads =/

• 1 month later...

Ok these attacks are getting tiring.

Why don't you just contact me and ask question and I will tell you why I need a sculpted builder if you are interested rather then publicaly opposing to something you know nothing about?

Of course we have clients in second life. What a strange thing to say, we also have NDA which I am sure I do not need to explain to you as a builder.

And of course we have inworld samples if you had just taken the time to go to the agency you would see that, there is a rezzer by the window.

Also I am not asking anybody to agree with my request in any way as it is perfectly normal and If you don't like what we are doing just past your way I don't come poking into your work saying what I do and don't like about it.

We have a growing list of 3D artist and please forgive me if I have not had time to fully update the list on the website as we have only been open for a month, not that is any of your bushiness that is.

And to be clear what the conditions say is you can work with the agency or decide you leave the agency and work with the client. So I really don't see what the hooha is about. I don't oblige anybody to work with us and those that do are happy with the services.

So I mean...pfff... whatever, constantly justifying myself is just tiring. If you have more questions just call me and we will have a chat then maybe you can have a better idea before giving bad opinions.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4101 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.