Adding RLV when using Avsitter ?

BadEddy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3991 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I use AVsitter for my products and I'm now trying to add RLV to a few of them. So far no luck. Anyone know how do make it work or would be willing to help with this?

Basically AVsitter work from a NC which I build my menus that will scripts in action. The rlv part of it looks pretty much like

MENU RLV
BUTTON Trapped|77
BUTTON Release|77

....giving me two button: Trapped and Release. Now the thing is I need a functioning script to answer to that. 

This forum is for help and advice on learning to make your own scripts.   If you want someone to write the script for you, you should post in Wanted or Employment.    What you're asking for isn't difficult, particularly -- I've added RLV to AVSitter products, and it's something any reasonably comptent RLV scripter should be able to do.   The AVSitter API is very easy to work with.

Post in Wanted, and maybe also ask in the RLV Communities group, in world.  I am sure you will find someone to help (but not me because I'm far too busy).

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_Protocol/RestrainedLoveAPI

Eddy you need 3 things,a script that listens,the channel your AVsitter chats in and a working knowledge of the RLV functions.

You need the AV sitter  channel to set your listener script to listen on 

All the menu dose is a say a string in a channel,if the AV sitter generates a new channel every time it is touched you are SOL unless it has some kind of function to tell your listener what to listen on.

The down fall to using systems like that is you really have no understanding of how things work.

My over all advice is to learn how to make sit scripts and add the RLV functions into the sit script it self.

Also keep in mind a  "trap" is just that..To have a button that releases them is silly and not a popular options for people who like to feel out of control and have others and object control them.

Add a timer that will release them after so many seconds or minutes once trapped , that is he the effect RLV use is looking for.

What they are looking for.

Something out of their control..

Forced to do things..

In this case it's made to sit in your object for what ever time you set it.

To really add some spice to your build it be more fun to have the timer choose random time frames.

They could be stuck for 3 seconds...or 4 minutes,and that my friend is what a RLV user is looking for..Not some on/off button that takes  away the thrill of the object controlling them with out their say in the matter.

• Like 1

In case BadEddy (or anyone else) is thinking of applying RLV to AvSitter, I would suggest taking a look at the RLV Relay Specification, since it's the victim's relay you will be communicating with.  

I don't see why anyone would want to use the AvSitter chat channel for anything.   You use the AvSitter API to put some buttons on the AvSitter menu to pass a link message to your RLV script, and let that open its own listeners for communicating with the vicitim's relay and putting up its own dialog menus.    The AvSitter API makes it pretty straightfoward to pass control between scripts, and also there's some useful link message codes so your RLV script can easily follow what's happening elsewhere in the system.

Presumably, the "release" button will not be available to the victim (which is very easy to do with AvSitter, since you have different menus for different sitters.   Or, if you're putting it on the RLV menu, then you test beforehand if the avatar to whom you're giving the menu is the victim or not, and adjust the button options accordingly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3991 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.