Open readme notecard on touch

Xxaxx Constantine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4007 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If the user has Preferences set to open a new notecard as it is received, the answer is easy.  No scripting involved.  That's the way I have my viewer set up.

Otherwise, there's no way to force a notecard open with LSL, and there's certainly no way for an LSL script to know that you have accepted a folder.  I suggest writing an unpacker script that says a few important lines in chat while it's unpacking a rezzed box. Some new owners may bypass the unpacker script by dragging the box's contents to inventory, but most people are lazy enough to just click and let the unpacker do the work.

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply.

So basically the difference is between my preferences and my friend's. When I look at their screen all the notecards open. When I work on making the notecard giver, it is on my screen and my preferences are different.

Problem solved. I'll just use something like the following in the script:

llRegionSayTo(llDetectedKey(0), 0, "After accepting \""+llGetObjectName() + "\" folder, open the README file for more information.");

The little reading I did suggested this had less impact on the region than the IM option and I wanted to keep this semi-private.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4007 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.