Problems linking mesh?

L0laFinzi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4034 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ive been having a huge headache trying to link mesh, each time i do it comes up saying that the creator of the mesh blocks i use is the creator of the entire build, the blocks are full perm and it's highly annoying and i'm sure it's something simple.

Any ideas?

Since when is linking your own prim as root to full perm mesh from nother creator is "problematic"? Mesh is same as any onther bulding component in SL,link your prim as last selected object and whole build shows you as creator (if you dont inspect it),simple as that!

Because of the different accounting systems for mesh and standard building blocks. Linking a normal prim to a mesh linkset can change the way the whole set is accounted for. Mesh accounting is different to standard prim/sculptie accounting, there are extra considerations to take into account.

Question wasnt about land impact math but linking itself! OP sayed it always got out of linking with mesh original creators name as cretor when linked own prim,only thing that cn do that is if OP didnt select ow prim as last to link! Prime roule of linking,last prim selected is Root and that one shows surface creator! Only way to than see creators of other parts in linkset is inspect!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4034 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.