Movement During Still Pose

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3885 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The movement is probably the default SL animations creeping into your pose (be sure to turn off any AOs as well).

As far as I know, this is due to the way SL blends animations (eg: a handbag pose mixing with a totally independent walk animation).

The way to overcome this is to ensure that EVERY body part has some kind of change applied (even just a tiny amount). The torso and neck movements you mention are probably due to those parts not having any changes made in your pose file - so tweak those slightly so their values change a fraction, and chances are that your refined pose will now be perfectly static.

:matte-motes-smile:

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

This is a complex answer, but you can save pose files in different frames. I suggest in your poser library, if you use the pose dots you will run out of poses qickly. Verying between 5 to 10 frames apart (those numbers will most likely vary).

The purpose of this is you loose all the slipping pose files that keep you from having to change each one. This is so you can lock down a one position in relation to the next.

The biggest thing you have to study carfully is when a person jumps and spins. making sure you catch the pose at the top of the jump, distance, any spins, and the direction, from beginning to when they land.

This way you get rid of all the inbetween frames. I do this with BVH files that don't match up in areas very well, ones that move all over the place, but look good other than that. The best way is to lable these files by frame number. That way you you will have the correct timinging to your movie. Another advantage of this is you can slow down or speed up parts or the whole animation very easly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3885 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.