What is this? No more sharing for Linden dollars. Not everyone has a credit card and not everyone wa

Nabilasan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4004 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

Welcome to Second Life Answers, Nabilasan.

Your thread is one of several running about the topic of Linden dollar exchanges, but the sky has not fallen in yet. :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Read everything carefully. Linden Lab have felt the need to caution against using third party Linden dollar exchanges in an attempting to minimise fraud by money laundering. They have to do this to protect their business, and ultimately prevent jeopardy to all our Second Lives.

If you can use Paypal, then use Paypal.

• Like 1

hmmmm ,   i   never  found my  lindens   in  the  laundry  .and  it  was  always  comfortable  to   buy  lindens   for  me .    im  not    happy    with   this   changes .     will     focus   my  attention on   groop gifts     the  next  time .  good   that   i   not   have   to  pay   some   rent .  think  some  others   now   have   trouble .   maybe     they   find  a  solution   for   the   other   money changers  .

The change has been grim, with his back to ALL users in Europe and any country that does not use the U.S. dollar, preventing purchase prepaid methods etc, if you have not noticed, just put to death many designers you lose half of your customers

Switzerland.

On Billing Information I click on "Add Paypal" It comes the Paypal Login Screen and after Login it ask me to add a credit Card.

Linden Research, Inc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Choose a way to pay

Error Message

To complete your purchase, please add a new credit card or debit card.

Marigold, Linden Lab only accepts as payment method Paypal accounts that have a credit card added, Paypal accounts without credit card are not allowed, so, how do we get our dollars to real life when we sell our lindens to Lindex if we have not a credit card ? This happens not only to europeans but to people of the whole world : I have a Paypal account but i never could buy or sell lindens with Lindex because i haven't a credit card in my paypal account and that was the reason i had to use a third party exchange way and have been very happy with Virwox for more than three years... Now, with this unreasonable change, my lindens are stuck inside second life and continue coming to sl will be completely useless...

I really don't know, TRISTARAFEL. I've been using Paypal, without a credit card, and using LindeX, the whole time I've been in Second Life with no problems at all. Someone from Linden Lab does need to provide the official answer. Unfortunately, this is a resident to resident help area, and rarely do Lindens actually have any input (rarely, but not never).

It does seem rather crazy and illogical if people are expected to use a credit card as well as PayPal, because, as we all know, PayPal is meant to be used as the preferred payment method, being safe and secure, and with its own back-up if transactions go awry.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4004 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.