Blender Full Render not baking AO [SOLVED]

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4031 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I could be mistaken but I am pretty sure when I baked Full Render, AO was included. Now, it is not. Which is fine for many things, but sometimes I just want to bake the texture and AO together.  Anyone think of some setting I might have changed, so AO can only be baked separately now?

Version? 2.66a still includes it. Have you checked that the option in the world/AO part of the properties panel is set to "Multiply" and not "Add"? That caught me out, but I don't know if the default bhad changed or whether I changed it. Also I now get the material colour in the AO bake unless I check "normalized" in the Camera/Bake section, which surprised me. I don;'t recall seeing that before.

• Like 1

Drongle McMahon wrote:

Version? 2.66a still includes it. Have you checked that the option in the world/AO part of the properties panel is set to "Multiply" and not "Add"? That caught me out, but I don't know if the default bhad changed or whether I changed it. Also I now get the material colour in the AO bake unless I check "normalized" in the Camera/Bake section, which surprised me. I don;'t recall seeing that before.

Yes I have multiply (and normalized) checked. I am thinking there must be some other reason it stopped baking AO, but I have been doing searches for a week and can't find anything.

BINGO!  That was it!  Somehow I must have accidentally unchecked Raytracing. And I know it would have taken a very long time to find that out because it took months for me to discover that I could not bake AO by itself because I had normalized unchecked.

So: I love you. :smileyvery-happy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4031 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.