Why can't I see my home? Major parts of my island home has disappeared! ???

Annika7 Dagger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

In the past 2 days I cannot see my home...island huts on rocks (even the rocks)...only portions of the home shows...I did not build these but the furniture I rezzed do show up.  What happened in the past two days?  I used to see them, now they are gone.  Builder/owner told me it is a Firestorm issue but I am using SL Viewer because the new Firestorm version does not work on my computer (yes I jira'ed the problem with them) so I removed Firestorm from my computer. 

Now i use only SL Viewer (latest version).  ???

2 answers to this question

Try selecting the parts where you assume them to be. SL is about to introduce server side baking, and visually dissapearing objects seems to be a common problem at the moment. Selecting them often brings them back into view.

Could also be that the Region needs a restart or similar.

In addition you could try to manually clean your cache. In case the cache is corrupted.

Delete Cache
  • Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[uSERNAME]\Local Settings\Application Data\Firestorm (or Secondlife)
  • Windows Vista, 7, or 8: C:\Users\[uSERNAME]\AppData\Local\Firestorm (or Secondlife)

Should the problem continiue, and if you are Premium member you can contact at any time the livechat.

In all other cases you could submit a ticket here: https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

I've noticed parts of my home disappearing too at times. Just happened now when I logged in. However, it's a simple fix, just right click where a part of the building should be and it and all linked parts instantly appear. Annoying and hopefully fixed soon.

Logged in to home like this:

House 1_001.jpg

Right click where floor is and home appears:

House 2_001.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.