Help How can i stop deleting parts of my house accidentally

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i have a problem that seems to have become very annoying to me. on more than one occasion i have placed an object in/near/close to my house and have gone to take/delete the object later to come back and find part of my house missing in the process. if i catch it when it happens i simply look in the trash and find it  rerezz it and place it back in place a pain but doable. what id like to do or find is a solution to lock or guard against me accidentally doing this as it does take some time to fix as i am a more than cappable builder im comfortable with it but when it happens with my wife she is torn up over it simply because she knows how long it took me to get it prfect for us. is this a fixable problem or mearly something i have to put up with in SL. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated. i do hav an alt and thought about having this alt rez the house(BTW it uses a faux rezz process for the record) house is around 225 prims empty. My wife will not even get dressed in the house because she is afraid of taking the house. i even went thru the process of building her a dressing room outside the house and somehow she took it up and even tho i created it she now has ownership of it and before i had full perms on it for me. now it has no trasfer perms for it and short of building it back it is hers. no biggie ther just some history of what we have gon thru in deleting objects on our land. Thanks for any and all help in fixing this feel free to IM me anytime for solutions.

Meaty Coleslaw

Edit your house and lock it, ( i think its the second tab there "object tab", you'll see a "lock" box.. check this one). one time you ll do this, you ll still be able to delete it BUT you'll get a warning message before... so it will reduce the possibilities of mistakes lol...

Do not worry, this happens to every of us, even after some years in SL:smileywink:

LepreKhaun wrote:

Right click to open the edit menu, open the Object tab and check the Locked option. Until you later uncheck that option, you will not be able to modify or delete the object.

actually, you still can delete it... not modify but delete its still possible... but only if you dont pay attention to the warning message... so its less risk.... but still, this happens to me sometimes lol

valerie Inshan wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Do not worry, this happens to every of us, even after some years in SL:smileywink:

/me ducks under my desk... You know why! :smileyembarrassed:
:D

hahahhaha Val, yes i know it, indeed lol.... but it happens to me often and even with the locked thing lol... i keep cliking delete on the warning message sometimes lol.... my fingers on my mouse are sometimes quicker than my brain....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.