IM delivery capped

GinPhx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4046 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I posted the following message ealrier but forgot to mention that I use Firestorm.  The answer I received must have been a description of how to do it in SL view because firestorm doesn't have the communication tab in preferences.  Does anyone know how to do this in Firestorm? Thanks

This is my previous post:

Can someone please help me understand the IM delivery capped message I received. I have heard that this happens but does it happen based on messages I send and get sent to me. Or is both included in there? Also, does this only happen when I'm offline because I spend most evening IMing with my fiancé did I've never received this message before. Or does it not take in account IMs to one person? Is this on a 24 hour basis then it resets? Omg I'm so confused lol. Thank you

3 answers to this question

Messages stack up when you are offline. I think at a number between 25 or 30 new stored messages the delivery of every new message coming to you stops. It doesn't resets itself, its like a bag and full is full. But its possible to set "send IMs to email" so you will get to see every message send to you while offline.

I think its preference and then the tap chat or general, not sure at the moment.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4046 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.