Avacademy (stuff you might want to know)

Gaia Clary

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4032 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi;

The Avacademy is a (hopefully growing) playlist with a few general videos about 3D topics. All my tutorials are made with Blender. However some topics might also apply to other 3D tools as well. The videos are mostly unrelated to any of our Blender addons. Hence they are well suited for users of the avatar workbench as well as for the Blender purists :matte-motes-sunglasses-1: 

I added 2 brand new tutorials about Face Normals and Vertex normals too.  Here is the content of the playlist:

• The secret life of (Face-) Normals (Flat shading)
  • The secret life of (vertex-) Normals (Smooth shading)
  • Materials and textures
  • Unwrappig & texturing
  • Multiple Textures from one UV Map

And here is the Link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?feature=edit_ok&list=PL7541C8D8005D6E53

I really would appreciate any hint for improvement of the existing videos. If you think something is wrong, missing or badly explained, then please let me know. Also any hint for missing but strongly wanted videos will be heared as well :)

BTW the name "Avacademy" was born while i watched a Harry Potter film. I developed the idea of a Blender course "Defense agains the dark arts"  with Severus Snape as the Blender tutor :)

So welcome to the big "Ava Kedabra" , I hope you enjoy it a bit.

cheers,

Gaia

• Like 5

You deserve all the Kudos in the world.

It is an aspiration of mine to be as helpful as you are and to have the breadth of knowledge that you do in Blender.

Edit: There is something I've been wondering.

Asides from the ability to unlink bodyparts in second life, what is the benefit of uploading your avatar body in multiple parts?

It's quite possible that that is a good enough reason for anyone, but I was just curious if there is some other reason I don't know about.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4032 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.