Group Settings

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, am just wondering why when I set a group setting to receive no Notices nor IM's do I still receive them? My IM's keep getting capped because when I log in I have like 30-50 Group Notices awaiting me. I checked the group and Notices as well as IM's are not checked! 

Thank you for all responses. =)

I am fighting with this for ages now. Make sure to click save when you uncheck group notices and make sure you do it every few days because it seems they randomly come back. 

If you get capped often good thing is to login every day at least once just to receive all messages and make your alt join some of the spammy groups so you can leave them. 

When you unticked the box that says "receive group messages", did you wait for all the names in the group to appear, or did you click before they had loaded ?

You need to make sure that the group has fully loaded, so the changes take effect.

If you DID wait for the group to load .... er ... sorry, can't help

Sidney Deluxe wrote:

When you unticked the box that says "receive group messages", did you wait for all the names in the group to appear, or did you click before they had loaded ?

You need to make sure that the group has fully loaded, so the changes take effect.

Hi thank you, and no I hadnt had waited, didn't even think about that. I shall try that and see if it helps. Thank you for the awesome tip! =)

Tamara Artis wrote:

I am fighting with this for ages now. Make sure to click save when you uncheck group notices and make sure you do it every few days because it seems they randomly come back. 

If you get capped often good thing is to login every day at least once just to receive all messages and make your alt join some of the spammy groups so you can leave them. 

Hello, thank you, I will do this too, as some do come back, but as of late, its been worse. This particualar group I need as I have my breedable animals for sale and need group to rez. =(

Alyssa Quicksand wrote:

Sidney Deluxe wrote:

Hi thank you, and no I hadnt had waited, didn't even think about that. I shall try that and see if it helps. Thank you for the awesome tip! =)

Sidney, this worked great, thank you. For now anyway =)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.