Are there any tablets on the market that will have the same interface with SL in 3D as a computer?

Hannah Glenwalker

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4076 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am in the market for a tablet only if I will be able to access SL in 3D like I do now on a computer.
I am aware of the iPad and it's limitations with pocket metaverse; that is not what I'm after. If there are no tablets that have the capacity to view SL in 3D, then I'll stay with a laptop.
All help is appreciated.

Edited: to add my thanks to both of you. I couldn't figure out any other way to it.

3 answers to this question

For now and the immediate future (possibly longer than that), you'll have to settle for a laptop (even then, you'll have to settle for a higher end laptop.........and that means a more expensive one).  It's all about graphics abilities..........and dynamic 3D graphics to boot (just about the hardest type of graphics for any computer to handle).

• Like 3

if you plan on gaming mostly with a laptop and use it as replacement for your current full computer. Then the point of Peggy stays valid.

PS: and 'tablet' computers are another step down. They are not the same as laptops. If you consider a mobile device for gaming then you should at least look for 'laptops'.

You will have to look in the highend sections and for gaming laptops in certain to be able to provide enough power and graphical memory to run games at least close to what the power of a full computer can offer.

Another point to rake into account is: on a computer you can easily update your graphic cards, in laptops however you can still not so easily do that and in some cases not at all. Which means you need to buy a new laptop whenever you are out of date instead of just purchasing a new card or other parts.

Also be aware that laptops do not have the same cooling capabilities as full computers do. They tend to run very hot when playing demandig games using other demanding software. In any case and even with a gaming laptop i would suggest getting a 'laptop cooler plate'.

Some of the mobile graphic cards are strong enough to pull off games, but they will allways be behind the power of computers, and in some cases are not supported by certain games or engines. 

With keeping all this in mind, you should choose wisely what you buy, and read on consumer tests and reviews on those devices before deciding =)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4076 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.