Media Prim Questions

SLtesterL2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4036 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just wanted to know a few things about the prims that allow you to browse the web inworld. For example, In my chrome browser my Facebook account is saved to remember my login info whenever I enter the site. So, when I do log into FB all my info is present. Now, when I log into facebook Inworld I believe I'm able to view the same thing. Now what I want to know is if someone went into my house in SL, used my media prim,and went into FB, could they see my login info like I do in my browser and actually log into my account. If so that's kinda unsettling to me. I have tried unclicking the "Keep me logged in button" and even tried deleteing my saved passwords but my login info still remains. I just wanted some clarity for a bit relief. 

Thanks again!

To avoid concern, take the prim into your inventory when you leave your house.  You may find, however, that it will lose that information when you rez it again.  

To test whether someone else will actually get the same login status, you need to have someone else test it for you.  My guess is that they will not, but  I would not be sure without a test.

TKR

They won't see you status. Media on a Prim isn't truly shared. If you set the homepage to facebook.com there and log in, FB sets a cookie - on your computer. This cookie isn't shared by the server, it's viewer-only. Therefore, someone else looking at it will only see the FB login page.

Even better(?): If you browse FB or write something, it's completely private. No one else can watch what you're doing.

Thanks! Reason I ask because I set up one not too long ago and soon afterwards I got a message from FB saying my account was sending spam which is a sign someone got into your account so I kinda freaked out. Fortunately, I checked my activity log and messages and showed nothing out of the ordinary. However,I did change my password as an extra precaution.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4036 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.