Snapshots on "My Second Life"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

After yesterday, and all that extra love you were given over on the feeds, I didn't see you get into trending. It's a bit of a puzzle. Good job you're getting loads of love and luv and lurve in all different places. :matte-motes-kiss::matte-motes-kiss::matte-motes-kiss:

Marigold Devin wrote:

After yesterday, and all that extra love you were given over on the feeds, I didn't see you get into trending. It's a bit of a puzzle. Good job you're getting loads of love and luv and lurve in all different places. :matte-motes-kiss::matte-motes-kiss::matte-motes-kiss:

I did find something in the answer section that two loves is all it takes and you should see it in about 10-15 minutes. Checking today, I noticed that the trending only goes back about 12 hours and we did all that love before that. We need to try again today and check shortly after we finish.

Also, it appears that the people who get on Trending post multiple pictures. I'm sure there's some kind of secret formula that LL uses to pick the posts that trend. I guess we'll just have to keep Janelle's stuff as our little secret....:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

ok....starting the test...

got my second "love" on a post 3 minutes ago. According to what I read, should take 10-15 minutes to show up in Trending.

Let's see what happens.....

Epilogue:

I was told (and I checked through my ALT) that my post did come up in the Trending a few minutes later. So having two likes will make it show up, but you just can't see it yourself.

Post Epilogue:

Once I took off my sunglasses, I was able to figure out that I can see it.

so that's it. Two loves and 10-15 minutes later..instant fame!

Tex Monday wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

I did find something in the answer section that two loves is all it takes and you should see it in about 10-15 minutes. Checking today, I noticed that the trending only goes back about 12 hours and we did all that love before that. We need to try again today and check shortly after we finish.

Also, it appears that the people who get on Trending post multiple pictures. I'm sure there's some kind of secret formula that LL uses to pick the posts that trend. I guess we'll just have to keep Janelle's stuff as our little secret....:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

Thanks, Tex, for reading up on that.

But I did keep checking, all the time, right from the moment when all the love was added to Janelle's posts, refreshing every ten minutes for several hours, so I don't know what happened there. Meanwhile, the same old posts - which appeared to only have two loves, but maybe one or more comments also - they kept on the trending page.

As Toyah Willcox once said (or said several times) "It's a mythtery".

Tex Monday wrote:

ok....starting the test...

got my second "love" on a post 3 minutes ago. According to what I read, should take 10-15 minutes to show up in Trending.

Let's see what happens.....

Epilogue:

I was told (and I checked through my ALT) that my post did come up in the Trending a few minutes later. So having two likes will make it show up, but you just can't see it yourself.

Post Epilogue:

Once I took off my sunglasses, I was able to figure out that I can see it.

so that's it. Two loves and 10-15 minutes later..instant fame!

A-a-a-n-d, I should have read the rest of the thread before adding my previous post - my bad, as they say - so I probably just missed out on Janelle trending because it wouldn't have shown up to me. 

Darn good job someone else is minding the shop for a while and I got on with other things today.  I really really spent far too much time on the feeds yesterday.

Thanks again, Tex, you're brilliant for looking into this so thoroughly and giving us the updates.

Edited to add - and thanks to Trinity too. Satisfied some curiosity for sure. :matte-motes-big-grin:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.