Suggestions on improving videocard performance

friscolives

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I had an nvideo GT620 card, just updated to a GTX650. I was hoping for a pretty significant improvement, while the 620 also had the 2 GB buffer, it had ddr 3 memory as the 650 had the 2 gb buffer as well as the faster ddr 5 memory. Sadly it looks like both give pretty close to the same image quality, showing mid point between high and medium quality but a good frame rate.

My videocard knowledge isnt the best, just wondering if there were settings I should be using for SL to improve the quality level. I know in preferences I can boost it, but maybe Im missing something more obvious.

Curious what hardward (cards, memory) people getting good frame rate on ultra settings are using.

Lastly, my desktop is a quadcore AMD (a new model, only two months old.) It has 6 mb memory and is now using windows 7 os. I downgraded from windows 8.

No idea why you get such low performance from your new card. The SL viewer defaults my previous computer, a 6 year old dual core AMD3800+, 3.5GB and underclocked 9600GT to med-high. It could be system RAM, it could be the CPU if you are running lots of things in the background. Could be drivers. Sorry I can't help with it other than saying it should perform a lot better.

On my current computer, intel 3770K, 16GB, GTX670 I have to throttle the fps to 60, even on ultra (to which SL defaults). In very crowded places I do not get more than 25fps though, but that doesn't happen very often. Usually I get my capped 60fps.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.