Aditi Server: Unable to Log In

perfectslam

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4084 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not sure what other forum to put this thread in, but since most mesh creators use Aditi a lot, I suppose this is the best place.

I'm previously registered to use Aditi, and while I haven't used it in a while (and changed my Agni password since), I can't seem to log into Aditi at all.  Everytime I enter in Aditi for my Start location at login, it just dumps me on live and tells me that the region is unavailable.

I've read the wiki entry and it's not offering up any help.  I also remembered that LL had a specific website for it here which appears down for me.

Can anyone tell me what simple thing I'm missing here?

Oh, it could be that your old start location no longer exists.  SIMs enter and leave the beta grid with regularity.  SIM "Mesh Sandbox 3" is up today: 

secondlife://Aditi/secondlife/Mesh Sandbox 3/167/85/23

Why don't you give that a try? If it doesn't work, we can dig deeper. 

• Like 1

Aditi is a testgrid so regions can be down, or even become unavailable.

What you can do when it tells you the region is unavailable, is type in manually one of the most available region names into Location in your Login Screen:

Try
PathTest1
or PathTest2, PathTest3

Once you are in, open the map and do a search for sandboxes. that should help you find a location to go to.

If everything fails you can also try to login to homeposition. But PathTest1 works mostly for me.

At the login screen, if I type in Aditi as the wiki says, I get bumped to Agni.

I thought one had to do something to their viewer to access Aditi?

--

Keeping that grid tool link in my favourites.  That will help.

Now it's saying password is incorrect at least.   How does one change their Aditi password?  The link it's sending me to is for live.

Seems I just had to retype my Agni password in.  Strange how the autocomplete didn't work.  I saw placeholder but I guess that may not mean squat.

Thanks for the link and help.  It's much appreciated.

normally ou dont type in 'Aditi'. Unless you edit the Grids or have a viewer that supports manual insert of Grids.

make sure you have the 'grid selection' dropdown showing up on your login screen (goes for firestorm, phoenix, as well as the regular viewer - with shortcut : CTRL+SHIFT+G)

From the dropdownlist you choose Betagrid or Aditi (depending on what it's named in your viewer)

and in Location you 'type' a location like PathTest1 (see former answer / post)

hm. the password should normally be the exact same.
Make sure you don't have accidentally capslock on or something.

But what u can do to try and force a refresh on your data is to change your password on your regular secondlife account. on secondlife.com

This will refresh and update your beta profile as well to all recent data of your current avatar.

NOte: it can take sometimes a while until it updates. (in worst case after next server restart after 24 hours, but mostly worked within a few minutes for me)

no , Home and last location thats 'Location' (and where you should type in PathTest1 or any of the other location names of available regions)

Yeah some viewers have gridview already open on default.
And when the dropdownlist for grids is there - that's where you choose Betagrid or Aditi from.

PS: what viewer are you using? not all viewers are supported to access the betagrid.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4084 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.