Questions about firestorm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I use firestorm I stay a permacloud. Someone said something about having to download my clothing?? Anyways I am happy with my viewer but the way every one raves about firestorm I wanted to give it a try. If anyone can let me know anything about it Id love to learn and hopefully not be in a cloud state forever. Thanks!

Edit: My horribly written paragraph

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Surprising as it may seem you are supposed to post about third party viewers over in the General Discussion forum - because Second Life Viewer is ONLY about the Linden Lab provided viewer.

Unfortunately I don't know what to do about the permacloud.

I was not sure and didnt want to risk posting in the wrong section and I did anyways.. opps. Thanks for the heads up!

One thing you should try, with any viewer, is reducing the bandwidth setting. It doesn't matter what your internet connection can provide; a setting of 500 is high enough for most purposes, and more reliable.

There are four components which every avatar has to have: hair, skin, shape, and eyes. Changing one of these usually the hair, can kickstart things and get you out of the cloud state.

Check with the in-world support group. If you have a problem with Firestorm, you can actually get support, which is one-up on Linden Labs. Hopefully, this particular problem will become a thing of the past when Server Side Baking rolls out. There's a new Firestorm release lurking in the wings preparing for that event.

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

When I use firestorm I stay a permacloud. Someone said something about having to download my clothing?? Anyways I am happy with my viewer but the way every one raves about firestorm I wanted to give it a try. If anyone can let me know anything about it Id love to learn and hopefully not be in a cloud state forever. Thanks!

Edit: My horribly written paragraph

With any viewer you have this problem and you need to understand I found one of the biggest lagger on any viewer is "Basic Shaders" it will all ways be a problem un less you are running a Desktop with a video card that has it own ram or a laptop that has lots or ram ...So weather ya using any viewer try that fix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.