Avatar randomly stops dancing when changing view, opening IM, chat, etc ?

Nuala Maracas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My avatar just randomly stops dancing when I click the arrows on the movement controls, open an IM box, open inventory, click chat box .. it is very random and not one specific thing.  I can open IMs and i keep dancing, then next one i open will make me stop dancing. I can use the arrow keys in the movent control to move my view around and i stop dancing, other times I can zoom the view around and I keep dancing. Clicking chat window will cause me to stop dancing, other times it doesn't.  It just seems to be very random as to what causes my avatar to stop. If I just dance and do nothing else.... then everything is fine.

I do not have an AO on.  It is a single dance machine in our club.  I happens with various dances, not just  a specific one.   It does not remove me from the dance machine.  I click the machine again and just hit the dance  to start dancing.  I still need to click stop on the dance machine to remove myself from it.

This started about 3 weeks ago.  The dances are not newly added and have worked fine for months, as has the dance machine.   Several others are having the same issue at various locations around the grid so it can't be just our dance machine or animations.

Any suggestions on what is happening or how to fix it?    

And I apologize if this has been answered already but I could not find it in the search.  

1 answer to this question

Hello, Nuala,

I am not familiar with this problem, and to me it does sound like one of the glitches that can occur after the weekly updates.  Linden Lab add something to fix or improve one aspect of Second Life, and this can sometimes put something else out of kilter.  As you say other people around the grid are also experiencing this, I think it would be appropriate for you to report it as a bug via the Jira system, where Maestro Linden and his people can take a closer look and try to replicate the problem.

And of course, if you are in contact with other people who are experiencing this on other sims, it would be useful for them also to create a new Jira.  Patterns can then be identified, and hopefully a fix rolled out.

https://jira.secondlife.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.