Any way to get rid of griefter/spammer/possible hacker who keeps sending me objects in chat(

Thomasine Guisse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I already reported this av to LL : fckupasim or fckupasim? as a griefter/spmmer/ possible hacker. Very clever person.

Logged in earlier this afternoon and got this weird message in the usual blue box "Load http://goonsqud.com.  Am I bothering you Ooops!! fckupasim?" (Snide silent comment from me--Real original name, Ha!)  Every Object that appears in chat I right click I only get the option only to close, not who owns it.  And for every Object I close I get five more. Get some more every ten seconds or so even if I don't do anything. Hitting the x to close the blue box results in same. Search for whoever this is brings up no results, except when I filled out the Abuse report to LL.

And no way I'm going to click on http://goonsqud.com.  I'm not that stupid,  I want  to mute this troublemaker, but fear he or she might be creating multiple accounts and doing this to others who might click the link hoping to stop the Objects popping up in Chat.

So is there a workaround to this as it might take LL sometime to solve? Quite a bother to us that are trying to create or rez things.  And I don't want to go to another sim and possibly spread this annoyance.

Thanks for any help!!

2 answers to this question

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/Dealing-with-the-Goonsquad-Object/m-p/1935935/highlight/true#M99241

Check there for good advice. You should be okay; the "contamination" shouldn't spread, but if you're worried, take off everything you're wearing before teleporting elsewhere. Relog, and that should solve the issue for you.

• Like 2

Block "goonsquad" and "goonsquad.co" and "goonsquad.com". It is actually goonsquad.co. When I was in the position of getting this stuff, the message said it was from SamualDrakey owner of goonsquad.co. So, block him, too. Note the misspelling of Samual. Also, look upward and use camera controls to search for the boxes. Go near them (after you block all those names). Send an Abuse Report to Linden Labs. It is under "help" on your inworld viewer. Fill in everything or they won't pay attention to it. Check the box in the upper left to send a picture with your AR. To fill in the name, use whatever name is on your messages or use SamualDrakey. Choose "choose", type the name in, let it search for it. Click OK. The rest of the form is pretty obvious. Good Luck.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.