Project Pinocchio

Ackley Bing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thanks for the heads up, Ackley.  I'd just about given up on Autodsk ever getting around to releasing this, as it's been so long since they shut down Evolver.

Looks like Autodesk's site is amazingly slow, compared to the old Evolver site, which is annoying, and there are a lot less options.  It also displays far less information.  For example, it doesn't tell you poly counts or bone counts, or anything else along those lines.  Still, it's good that they finally have put it back online.

When I get a little time to play, I'll output some models, and see how they compare with the handful of Evolver models I've got on hand.  I'll be curious to see what, if anything, has changed.

I don't know if this means anything to anyone else, but if you don't have anything that natively opens .FBX files, you can find the .FBX converter here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=10775855

I've been using this to open the output in blender. My personal opinion of the web app, though, is the same as Chosen. That is to say, i think it's slow but pretty neat. Thanks for pointing it out.

Edit:

The .OBJ conversion works fine, but Blender seems to refuse the .DAE file produced by the converter for some reason. Just a heads-up.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.