embedding a rotation script in one prim of a linked prim set

AnarchyReins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings,

I am a Noob builder and am trying to figure out how to either embed a script or link objects in such a way that only one prim (or set of linked prims within a larger set of linked prims) spins while the remaining prims do not. (ie  food within a "blender" spinning whle the Blendor itself does not).

I am using some very basic textured shapes and a Spin Script.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anar

Herkimer Highmist wrote:

Try setting the prims you want spinning using the PRIM_OMEGA flag with llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast.

Calling llTargetOmega within the child prim will accomplish the same effect. In either case, one must be careful if it's expected that the linkset may be rotated off the z-axis. In such cases, the rotating child prims will continue to rotate on their original axes. In these cases, it becomes necessary to query the linkset's orientation on rezzing, passing that vector to the llTargetOmega call, so that the child prims rotate correctly. Unfortunately, I don't have an example of this, but I'm sure someone will come along shortly to provide one.

With llTagetOmega you can make a linkset with all it's prims spin globally
or you can make a child prim spin relatively to the root prim's axes

If the script with llTargetOmega is in the root prim you get the first if not you get the second

After getting this right you can have a look at LlSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast with the PRIM_OMEGA flag

The root prim is the last prim you link in a linkset

:smileysurprised::):smileyvery-happy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.