Group Deed Object

IZHRAH

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Lets just say we got a simple script like this:

touch_start(integer total_number)
{
          key id = llDetectedKey(0);
          integer sameGroup = llSameGroup(id);

if(sameGroup)
          {
                    llRegionSayTo(id, PUBLIC_CHANNEL, "In the same group.");
          }
          else
          {
                    llRegionSayTo(id, PUBLIC_CHANNEL, "Not in the same group.");
          }
}

I created a group with 3 members and I am the object owner, when I set the object to my group or deed it to my group, me the owner when I touched the object I fall to else condition where "Not in the same group". Its confusing that I'm in the same group that I'm expecting to be detected in the same group like the 2 members get.

What if I'm creating a device that allows only the owner to touch or access it if not deeded or set to a group, and allows only avatars in the group to access it if deeded or set to a group.

The tag over your head --- your GROUP tag.  You need to have the group active.  It's isn't enough to simply be a member of the group.

Now, if you want to test whether a person who touches your object is in your group and wearing the group tag, ask

if (llSameGroup(llDetectedKey(0)){    //Detected person is in the same group as your object and is wearing his/her group tag}else{    //Detected person is not in the same group as your object or is not wearing his/her group tag}

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.