Looking to hire a SL developer

sutpala

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4066 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I am looking to build a prototype of a SL virtual world environment for an online education company. It will be a proof of concept project to figure out if the SL platform can provide a more immersive end users experience. Some of the content that is being delivered via traditional HTML right now will be evaluated in SL.

Anybody available to help?

sutpala wrote:

Hi,

I am looking to build a prototype of a SL virtual world environment for an online education company. It will be a proof of concept project to figure out if the SL platform can provide a more immersive end users experience. Some of the content that is being delivered via traditional HTML right now will be evaluated in SL.

Anybody available to help?

After posting it here..I wonder if you should run this concept past LL developers first?

You might also want to contact the Second Life Educators Discussion group. 

Not sure exactly what you are looking to develop, but there are campuses that exist on SL already along with some research on the immersiveness of education in SL.   No need to re-invent the wheel.

I can probably save you some money on developing a sim...visit the campus that should be linked at the bottom of this post to see one vision of what a SL campus can look like.  I've glanced at some of the research in this area--enough to know that the results are mixed.  Some things work well in SL, other things--not so much.

Yes, looking at what is currently being done is defenitly something that I would recomment. I'm the Co-Founder of The Vesuvius Group, LLC, and we specialize in developing areas/experiences for educational and non profit organizations, and have been doing this since 2006.

http://www.thevesuviusgroup.com/

Feel free to get in contact with us and I'm sure we can help you out. You can email us at Contact@thevesuviusgroup.com

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4066 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.