Some of Light Waves' textures don't rez anymore, anybody know why?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Light Waves sculpture "Twisted" (the one in which a Greenie tries to open a bottle of coke) doesn't rez the way it should anymore.

Everything is visible, except for the bottle itself, which acts like invisiprims do: its presence is only shown when it's in front of alpha layers or water.

this was the way it was supposed to look

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Greenies-Twisted/3484947

and this is the way it looks now:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34199720@N07/8526766871/in/photostream

Anybody knows what happened to sl in between these two pics? Is it possible to make the bottle visible again with some kind of debug setting?

The reason it's acting like an invisiprim is because it IS an invisiprim.  Notice in the first pic you linked, the bottle is both shiny and transparent.  The only way to create that effect is with an invisiprim.

SL's rendering engine has undergone several changes since way back when "Twisted" was made.   Invisiprims no longer work the same way they used to.  I don't know if the shine trick still works on any of them.  If it does, consider it dumb luck.  Invisiprims were never an official feature.  They were a bug that was left deliberately unfixed for a long time, because the effect happened to be considered useful.  Now that avatars can be made transparent through other means, there's non longer much inventive to preserve invisiprim functionality.

If the bottle is not currently set to be shiny, try applying a high shine to it, and it MIGHT start to look like its old self.  If it's already set to shiny, and it's still not working, then there's probably nothing you can do.

By the way, placing it in front of an "alpha layer" would be a neat trick, considering there's no such thing as an alpha layer.  It's an alpha CHANNEL.  Layers and channels are entirely different things.  This forum is the only place in the known universe where some people insist on using the two words synonymously.  It makes it really confusing for people who are trying to learn graphics for the first time.  I make it a point to try to correct the error whenever I see it.  Terminology is important. :)

You may have misunderstood my meaning of "neat trick".  I wasn't trying to say placing it in front of a different background woud produce a different result.  The phrase was just a mildly tongue in cheek attempt at expressing that there's no way to use something that does not exist. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.