Having issues after rolling restart

Platinum Fhang

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4072 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Had the same issues before but after the jhra up dates(ithink that was what it was called) they had gotten better, but since last RC rolling restart I have been constantly crashing, after i try to log back in i get several attempts on the requesting region capabilities, nothing wants to load in invent or friends list. If i try to teleport out it crashes me.If i do find a region i can log into i can go most places except ones i crashed at, because they still cause issue, like my region info on top of page will be from region i just left and not the one I am in and the music and media streams will be from previous parcel.I buy Linden and pay for a parcel that i can't even log into or do anything on. Is there any fixes going or anything i can do to resolve this.

Thanks for the great advise but i have tried this numerious times when i first started having these issues, this is only the 5th time asking here for help.MY net speed is good checked it , i have cleared all my caches, i have the latest version of SL and have also tried every veiwer out their and still have the same issue. When they worked on the JIRA for magnum servers it got better, but since the rolling restart  a couple days ago it has become worse then before.

1 answer to this question

It is hard to define because you described a number of various issues. Each of them can have different reasons.
What you can try is the following:

• Clear your cache (settings > preferences) and restart SL. The fact nothing loads could be a sign of either a filled cache that doesn't want to refresh anymore or corrupted files in the cache.
  • Especially the wrong naming of the regions from before etc kind of leads to the thought that the files stored in cache are messed up and not updating, thus displaying whatever last info they can connect to in the file structure.
  • Try to detach extensive HUDs or scripted attachments once you maybe successfully got in. (those can cause issues too)
  • Check your bandwidth / speed.  (http://www.speedtest.net/) if nothing loads or things happen to update slowly or you 'crash' can also be a matter of instable or fluctuating bandwidth. 
  • Make sure to try and login with the latest update of the official SL viewer (in case you are having your problem with a thirdparty viewer)
  • Regarding the teleport problem: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Landmarks-teleporting-and-SLurls/ta-p/700123#Section_.1a
  • About mediasteams continuing to play also on the next parcel: there are a some known bugs about that and I have had that issue myself often enough: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-4519
  • Sometimes (another bug) it will also continue to play after closing SL. But that has something to do with not all processes being shut down after exiting SL. (https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-9792)

Unfortunately without knowing anything about your hardware specs these are the only pointers I can give so far. It could be that a recent update is not conform with your graphic settings and requires you to change your graphic settings. Or that after the update the SL viewer identified your hardware newly and set it to settings that do not work well - thus need to be changed. With ATI cards you should also try to disable VBO buffering. (Settings - Graphics - Hardware Button) Also always make sure you have the latest graphic card driver updates.

Good luck. Code

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4072 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.