Did LL change my land allowance and not tell me? I was suddenly charged for land I thought I owned.

Tyrant Laffer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Did LL change my land allowance and not tell me? I was suddenly charged for land I thought I owned.

I was charged land teir for land that I owned with my premiume account. This has been a nucuance for me. I was charged 2 months land teir on a few meters I didnt reall need or use.

2 answers to this question

It doesn"t matter if you "need" or "use" the land as long as you "own" it. Since you own land, you are billed for it. If you think that this 2 months charge was a mistake, contact the billing support.

If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers:

• US/Canada: 800-294-1067
  • France: 0805-101-490
  • Germany: 0800-664-5510
  • Japan: 0066-33-132-830
  • Portugal: 800-814-450
  • Spain: 800-300-560
  • UK: 0800-048-4646
  • Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance (not free): 703-286-6277 (use Skype to save cost)

Billing Support is available twenty four hours a day, seven days a week in the US, UK, and Canada and 7 days a week in all other countries listed above.

• Like 1

To add to Valerie's answer...

You are charged tier on the MAXIMUM amount of mainland that you own in any given billing period.  If you own a 1024 m2 parcel, and then buy another 1024 m2 parcel, then go back and sell or abandon the first parcel, you will be charged at the 2048 tier level for that billing period, since for a brief time you did own both parcels.

Also, tier goes in steps.  If you own 1025 m2, you are one square meter into the next tier level, and will be charged for 2048 m2.

There are several ways you can stay within your tier level.

1.  Sell or abandon any excess land.  Be sure to also go into your account and adjust your tier level to reflect what you actually own.

2.  Form a group, deed the land to the group, and donate tier to the group.  Groups can own 10% more land than an individual for a given tier level.

3.  If you are a little bit over the line into the next tier level, buy MORE land, right up to the maximum for that tier level, then rent out the excess to help pay your tier.  Renting land is a tricky business, though, and it IS a business that takes time, attention, and resources...and may lose as well as make money.

4.  Rent out your excess tier to a group that pays you for it, and use that income to help pay your tier.  For example, if you own 1025 square meters, you are paying tier at the 2048 level, and you have 1023 square meters of tier that you aren't using...but paying for.  You can donate that 1023 m2 to a tier-renting group and get paid for it.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.