I lost my side and bottom toolbars. How do I get them back?

pidjammies1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4077 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've been having a lot of technical problems is SL.  Spam messages, white particle clouds.  Wearing a boat, etc.  The biggest problem I have now is my toolbars.  The side and bottom toolbars with my clothes, inventory, movement: walk, run,fly.  How can I get them back?:matte-motes-big-grin:

2 answers to this question

Go to "Me" at the top right of your screen: Toolbar buttons. The window should open in the middle of the screen. Either choose "reset to default", or drag the tools you need to the side or the bottom of your screen.

If you don't have any toolbar options at all anymore, a reinstall of the viewer will fix it. 

tools.jpg

• Like 1

There is a known problem with using multiple versions of the SL Viewers: loss of the tool bars. If any version of the viewer crashes, you can loose the tool bars in other versions.

It also seems that changing settings and crashing can cause the loss of the toolbars.

Get your tool bars set, then log off to force the viewer to write the new settings to disk. Then log back in. If you crash later. You at least have a chance they will survive.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4077 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.