What happens with group land when one member withdraws tier contribution?

Jennifer Boyle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4078 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When a group owns land, several members have donated tier, the group has just enough donated tier to cover the requirement for the land, and one member's contribution is withdrawn, what happens? What I specifically want to know is what kind of warnings and grace period to the remaining group members get before they lose the land.

2 answers to this question

Hmm I'm not sure what happens to the group if you own land with it. I do know if a group's membership gets down to 1 person only, or 0, the system will purge it eventually. However I think an easy solution would be to just make a free alt to help hold the group open or to get a friend to join the group with minium rights to the land.

Excess group land

If at any time a group owns more land than they have land contributions for, Linden Lab contacts the founder of the group. Groups members must contribute more land tier credits to the group or release land within 72 hours, or the group risks losing some of their land.

Several years ago when a group I was in went below contributed tier levels for the land we had, we did in fact get these messages. We didn't let the automatic cut/resize occur and made up the missing member's contribution.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4078 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.