Avatar arms move when typing . Reply to answer :)

Sunnie Redgrave

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3981 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Thank you so much for your kind reply to my question about the avatar's arms moving when typing. I have done as you suggested, which was to uncheck in preferences: play typing animations. This does not solve the problem, sadly. Also, I have two avatars. One of them does not do the typing animation. I also have taken the avi who plays the typing  animation back to the basic avatar form and removed her ao, changed viewers and went into the advanced settings  to check to be sure the typing animation is set to false. If there are any other suggestions I would be happy to recieve them. Thanks again and enjoy the day :)

2 answers to this question

Duplicate & Follow-on to http://community.secondlife.com/t5/qanda/questionpage/blog-id/sla_avatar/article-id/12072

Hello Sono,

When your arms do a animation when typing there are a few ways that this can happen. Unchecking the [ ] Show Typing Animation option clears away one of these. Rolig shared how to turn that option off in your earlier post.

The next way this occurs is with an AO [Animation Override]. Some  of the free ones include a...wait for it........ Typing animation. Usually these are nice animations as if you are being very animated with your discussion. - LOL

Try unloading your avatar AO to see if it is supplying the Typing Animation. If it is, then you can edit most of these and remove the reference to the typing animation on the configuration NC in the AO. Follow the instructions that came with your AO carefully.

BTW - In the future please update your original posts rather than starting a new thread. There si how to do this:

Select the Options drop-down menu to the right of your question and select Edit Question.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3981 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.