Block

Florramy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4082 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm using second life wiever 3. I'm trying to block a person, but  no avail. When I put that person on the block list i can still see him in searching results,in nearby and I still can see the name when i am in nearby place,and that person also can see me! Why is this happening? I want to hide all things about mine profile and avi,from that person,that he can't see me at all ,at any one place.Can I do that?

And one more question... I wanna adjust some prefferences on mine wiever,but when i logg out..all preferences get lost,and i have to adjust it every time all over again.Why is it happened? I tried other wievers ,but do not works, goes to slow and get crushes all the time.

I'm trying to save preferences about chat history! I wanna adjust,to not save it on mine hard disc. I'm using Windows.

1 answer to this question

Regarding blocking, no. It's not possible to do anything other than remove what they say in local and IM. There's no way to hide yourself from them beyond the global privacy controls for your avatar and profile.

I don't know what wouldn't cause your preferences to save. What viewer are you using, OS, where is the viewer installed? Are files present in your Appdata\Roaming\Second Life\ folder (if using Windows). What preferences are you trying to save?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4082 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.