Help with Mirror Modifier and Shape Keys "Modifier cannot be applied to Mesh with Shape Keys"

Deezy Abruzzo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Im using Blender 2.64. I am very new to making mesh. I am trying to make some shorts. Please excuse my desription because i do not know the correct terminology but.... I outlined a basic shape for shorts from the rigged and weghted avitar.blend file, copied it and seperated it. Went into mirror modify and finished my model. I tried to apply the mirror and I got the error message.

"Modifier cannot be applied to Mesh with Shape Keys"

What am  i doing wrong?  Can someone do a tut for making simple mesh pants specific to Second LIfe?

Im about to pull my hair out. Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi again

Glad it worked for you but in future try to avoid copying from the avatar mesh because you will find you  will run into other problems . Its almost always better to start from scratch (using the Avatar mesh as reference) that way you will find that you have more control at all stages of the modelling .

Thinking about it my suggestion to search Google for Retopology tutorials was not very good advice , maybe you will get some better ideas of how to start from the image below taken from an earlier thread.

basic Tshirt.png

As you would be extruding downwards for shorts best check and flip normals after first extrusion .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.