i am being cyberbullied and cyberharrassed

omfgaghost

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4100 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i have been getting harrassed and bullied for the past 4-5 months and i finally was banned from a sim that i was at. this individual has been non-stop trying to ruin all the fun i have on this game i am sick of being harrassed. what kind of act should i do to end this cyber bullying

1 answer to this question

Dear OMGaGhost,

OK, please forgive me for being less than sympathetic. [i've been a victim of Stalking in SL to RL and take this subject very seriously.]

You've been, using your own words, "cyberbullied and cyberharrassed" until you were banned from the region you at because of this person.

I have to ask first, So there were no witnesses to this behavior at the region you were in? For all of these months? Then the Parcel or Region owner decided to ban you and not the person doing the cyberbulling and cyberharrassing?

This is what you should have done:

1) Muted the annoying person.

2) Banned this person from any of your own parcels.

3) File an AR [Abuse Report] with the LL team.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Filing-an-abuse-report/ta-p/700065

4) Go somewhere else to play.

5) Stop being a target by letting this person see you. Clearly you did none of the above since they were able to harass you this whole time. Any experienced friend would have told you any and all of these things.

6) Leave any groups that you are in that this person also was in.

7) Do not post Picks or Allow your Groups to be public in your Profile.

8) Turn off public access to your profile for a while.

I apologize for my serious tone tine but I find your statement and situation rather unbelievable.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4100 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.