ANYONE - How to attach

Jenn Porterfield

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3893 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am trying to create unique mesh clothing items. For example, even though I use mesh kits I make my own textures and would realllllllly like to know how to attach say, a bow to a mesh shirt.

What I did was purchase mesh bows, and some sculpty bows and tried to atttach either one after making it my own after adding and linking a prim to make myself the creator. Either the mesh or sculpty bow would not stay in place on the shirt after I placed it and linked it. When the item was worn the bow ended up in the hand.... on both scuplty or mesh bows.

Now I know its my fault because I just now walked into a shop and saw an example of someone attaching items to a mesh clothing item. Does anyone have a link or a simple explanation? PLEASE!

Hi, it might be easiest to keep unrigged accessories as separate attachments.

The deal is that rigged attachments don't care what point you attach them to, but any unrigged pieces you link in *do* care.

So, you could add a bow to the chest, for example, and you want everything linked, make sure that you attach the whole thing to chest , then position the unrigged prims while they are attached.

This is only going to work if you want the unrigged points all attached from the same point. You won't be able to mix body and arm stuff, for example.

However, if the wearer decides to attach the dress to another point, the bow position would be mesed up too, so that kind of points back to keepng the unrigged stuff as a separate attachment.

• 6 months later...

As far as I know any rigged mesh that has other parts added to the style have them not linked. The mesh is put on and the other pieces are attached to the avi at the same sort of attach points you would have used pre mesh.

So if you have a mesh skirt and your attaching a bustle they will be 2 separate objects in the folder and be attached to 2 separate points. You could attach them to the same point but some people have a habit or wearing instead of adding and will get frustrated at the one object being knocked off.

I had tried something similar on my first mesh thinking i would add to the style making it more individual and ended up asking another designer friend the same question you have here.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3893 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.