Installation problems, PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME?

Moodiness

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4096 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

when I install the program on my pc, I get an error, says:

Second Life unable run, bcs, your video card drivers did no install properly, are out of date, or are for unsupported hardware, Pls make sure you have the lasted video card drivers and even if u do have the lasted, try reinstalling them.

My drivers are installed correctly, however the check, and i can not even start the program.

some solution?

Thanks

3 answers to this question

If your drivers are up to date then that's one out of three possibilities stated by the error message.  You can have an up to date driver that is corrupted (almost all driver corruption issues stem from drivers not being installed correctly).  And your video card (a hardware device) is not supported is the third possibility.  You're getting a generic error message listing three of the major problems related to video.........the bottom line is that the SL servers see your video card/adapter as not able to run SL.

You can help yourself a great deal by giving some computer specs......without them all you are going to get in the way of "help" is guesses (some educated since your question is not unusual here in Answers......but guesses just the same).  If you can get to the log in screen click "About Second Life" under the "Help" menu.  Copy the specs listed and paste them back here for someone to give you more than a generic guess (just like the message you get when you try to log in.........a catch all answer which usually doesn't help much).  Please don't start a new thread.  Use "Edit" under "Options" in the upper right corner of your post to add anything that might help

Or you can search "Answers".........you find dozens (or even 100's) of posts asking exactly the same question.  The anwers given might solve your problem.  That takes just a few minutes..........the question has been answered so many times already.

You should check if your Computer meets the minimum System requirements at this link:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/System-Requirements/ta-p/1327203

If the computer meets or exceeds those specifications, visit the website for the type of graphic card in your PC, to double check that you have the latest drivers.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Graphics-cards/ta-p/700073

Here is some ideas. If your using ATI then your Control suite is limited to run low GUI rendering, if your using Intel then go to www.intel.com and use the auto detect service in your browser to find the correct driver, If you using NVidia also route to their site www.nvidia.com and use the auto detect tool. If you have ever ran Sl on your OS computer your currently trying now then best suggestive idea is that your runing the wrong kernel driver for your device. Now depending on the Operating system your running Linux, Windows, or iMAC is how you install the correct driver. If you recently install the newest driver and tried SL right after that driver install then maybe you should reboot PC. Might I ask what Operating service are you using " examples " Windows xp, vista, 7, 8 / Linux distros 32/64 bits KDE, or iMAC 11? If you use one of the earlyer ideas of the auto detect service from your graphics driver providers website and the site found a newer driver> then download the driver and save to desktop for easy finding> remove the older driver from your system then reboot> as return from boot you can then install the newest driver will your OS is finding driver files. If still a issue then your possible not able to run Sl in the 3D render since not supported on your GPU, or your stuck in a bug and should submit a support ticket VIA the ticket channels.

I try to help, but I'm not always right. I am determined to keep trying to until its corrected. So success always appears.

Sincerely,

Trev Dawg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4096 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.