Two weird glitches, both true stories, feedback sought

Steve Mahfouz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4099 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I didn't bother calling LL support about these glitches, because they are both very trivial.

Glitch #1- I'm in a very busy dance club with the usual lag. A friend invite pops up out of the blue. The other person swears that she did not accidentally click Friend invite in any way. I did accept the friend invite just out of curiosity. She says I invited her FIRST. I have no reason to doubt her. I did not send her a friend request by accident, I am 100% sure of this fact. See the problem here ? I KNOW I did not friend invite her first, and she says she did not accidentally friend invite me or intentionally do it. 

Glitch #2- I was talking with the same woman, who is now my friend. She looks at her profile Picks page. My pick is on her Picks page, in Edit form. She was able to edit MY pick and my home sim location was on the Pick, same as on my profile. I did not send her the text or image for my Pick and of course she did not travel to my home location to create a pick on her page. This has NEVER happened to me in all my time on SL, or the first glitch above. After she told me, I quickly relogged and the problem went away. She then deleted MY pick on HER profile Picks page. Problem solved.

Any feedback ? Again, in the grand scheme of things, both glitches are very trivial, but it's interesting to say the least.

I have no idea about Glitch #1, but about Glitch #2, anybody can right click on any of your pics in your mysecondlife.com profile and grab them. These are public profiles, that's one of their inconvenients. If you want to prevent this, you can set your privacy settings to "nobody".

I've accidentaly invited someone to be a friend when all I was trying to do was look at thier profile, right clicking and using the pie menu.  If I am a few pixels off when I try to click profile, I end up asking for friendship.  This is one of the reasons I don't use the pie menu, when I can help it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4099 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.